WHAT WE BELIEVE
- That the Bible is inspired by God (II Tim. 3:16-17) and as such is infallible and the only authoritative Word of God.
- The Trinity consists of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. One God, three persons (Matt. 28:19-20).
- That Christ was born of a virgin (Matt. 1:18-25), lived a sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), and died on the cross as a perfect sacrifice for our sins (John 3:16-18). Then after three days rose again from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father and will someday return again (Luke 24:1-7; Acts 1:9-11).
- That we are saved by the grace of God through faith (Romans 5:1; Acts 15:11).
- In the resurrection of the dead in which those who have been saved will receive eternal life and those who have died in their sins without Christ will be damned (Matt. 25:46, John 10:28).
God on the Boardwalk was founded in 1995 by Greg Holloway. While Greg's father was a Baptist minister, Greg focused on the business world in the early years of his life. Later he recognized the need to share the good news about eternal life with others. Greg felt the calling to ministry and has served as a part time prison chaplain, a board member of a prison ministry, a street ministry leader at his local church, and has worked at numerous street ministry settings in a number of countries.
In 1995 Greg met David Wilson, who was at that time president of a world wide evangelistic outreach called, Open Air Campaigners. David taught Greg how to do street ministry working closely with him side by side for several years. David inspired Greg to expand his horizons and to build a street ministry focusing on Ocean City, NJ. This has grown to be an important summer ministry with the help of many dedicated evangelists. While all of the ministers have been dedicated to the work, two in particular have dedicated large amounts of time for many years now in organizing ministry teams. They are Chuck Harrison and Joe Paoella. With the dedication of Chuck and Joe, God on the boardwalk has reached 5000 + people, mostly teens, every summer.
The ministry of God on the Boardwalk is dedicated to serving and is not looking for financial aid. However if you are interested in serving as a volunteer, please contact us.